To work collaboratively with stakeholders to promote North Mayo as a year-round tourism destination, showcasing its culture, heritage and natural landscape, and developing new experiences in an ethical, sustainable manner, to best benefit the region and its people.
Mayo North Promotions Office or MayoNorth.ie is a not-for profit organisation, set up in 2013 by the then Ballina Town Council and Ballina Chamber as a partnership project to promote the beautiful North Mayo region and provide a portal for the north of the county for visitors interested in Mayo tourism and what it can offer.
The office is currently run and managed by Moy Valley Resources IRD, in partnership with Ballina Chamber and Tourist Office and is overseen by the Mayo North Destination Steering Group (DSG), a voluntary group made up of community, industry and political representatives from across the region.
The office currently employs one full-time member of staff and is supported by staff from local community employment and Tús schemes.
Our ethos is one of cooperation, collaboration and partnership for a purpose, and all in all, our objective is to work together to showcase the natural beauty of our region along the Wild Atlantic Way, attract visitors to the region and provide them with a welcome so warm that they will want to return again and again.
The Mayo North Promotions Office operates throughout the entire Ballina Municipal District and its activities also extend to West Sligo. The office receives partial funding from the Ballina Municipal District Council.
We want to work collaboratively to promote North Mayo using a model successfully used in other destinations such as Westport, Killarney, Kilkenny, Loop Head etc. If everyone gives a little, together we can achieve a lot.
As has been developed successfully in other areas, our objective is to build a “pot” of money that will be used for things like the following:
– Buying advertising at a national/international level promoting North Mayo as a holiday destination
– Match funding for funding applications – e.g. LEADER – allowing us to multiply our resources
– Attendance at trade fairs promoting the North Mayo region – e.g. Holiday World, British Travel and Trade Show
– Development of professional tourism information material to be used by local businesses – maps, leaflets etc.
Your business will have the option to contribute yearly or monthly on a direct debit basis, the fee is dependent on your business type, as outlined below.
We may also ask for in-kind contributions such as overnight stays/meals/experiences for visiting media and competition to build the profile of the area.
We also ask that you link Mayonorth.ie to your web site and display our logo on your homepage and that you engage regularly on social media with us.
Important: You don’t have to be a tourism business to contribute – tourism is everyone’s business and the more tourism activity in North Mayo, the more everyone’s business will benefit, either directly or indirectly.
Your contribution translates into direct marketing – below is what we’ll do for you;
– Full individual listing with images on MayoNorth.ie and acknowledgement of your support
– Your business will be included on our regular marketing newsletter, promotions and competitions (in collaboration where appropriate with activity providers and festivals) and a destination video planned for 2018
– Your business included on our priority targeted activity & recommendation list for visiting media, writers (regional/national/international)
– A display sign for your business acknowledging your support and inclusion in launch PR
– Inclusion on the next print run of Mayo North Map (dependent on business type), distributed throughout the region, and a year’s supply of maps for your business
– 12 x posts of your choice or your business per year on our Facebook page (13k followers) (businesses to provide copy and images) and Instagram (1.4k followers). Regular Insta stories posts.
– 24 x twitter posts annually with image and link to your website (4k followers)
– Season extension strategy – packaging weekends with activity providers, developing products for particular markets e.g. conferences, activity weekends
– Free stand at Mayo North expos and events – e.g. Meet Mayo North
– Material for use in hotel e-zines
Membership rates start at just €100 per year; with larger businesses like our hotels and visitor attractions contributing on a tiered rate. You can pay by EFT, standing order or cheque.
We are happy to work with you to finalise an affordable membership package that will best benefit your business and help us to work together to promote the area.
Remember, this is a tried and tested approach, and together, we can make big things happen. We look forward to hearing from you!