We can change the world with digital technology, but how will that technology change us? The Digital Transformations Conference – a bold, exciting, and innovative international conference focusing on the cultural impacts of the digitisation of society – will take place in Ballina Arts Centre on 19th and 20th May 2018.
Featuring speakers from the worlds of technology, film, arts, culture and creative industries, attendees at the Digital Transformations Conference will come face to face with the digital society, with the people who are making it happen, the artists who are trying to find meaning in it, and the academics, and policy makers who are trying make sense of it.
You too will have a chance to participate in the debate.
This two-day conference is bringing a panoply of speakers from Ireland, Europe and North America to share radical thinking about the digital society.
Digital Transformations will bring together thought leaders in the arts, in business and technology, education and journalism to share their views on the digital society and the meaning and value of the arts in such a society. It is a showcase for artists who have begun to address these issues in both traditional and non-traditional forms.
At this event, you can:
– Find out what the digital society really is from the people that are making it happen.
– Meet, listen to and talk with artists who are making the digital society a part of their work.
– Find out the ways in which creativity is currency in a digital society.
– Explore the future of creativity with artists, journalists, publishers, policy makers, educators and technologists.
The conference is designed to attract artists, creative industry workers, technologists, people involved in arts infrastructure (at a policy level to volunteers), and anyone who enjoys and values the arts and culture.
– Registration opens: 22 January 2018 (Book now to avail of a 33% discount)
– Early Registration Deadline: 15 April 2018
– Conference: 19-20 May 2018