The Department of Housing, Local Government and Heritage has this afternoon announced that Ballina along with five other historic towns will share €1 million in funding under the Historic Towns Initiative 2020.
The towns who will receive the funding are:
- Ballina, Co. Mayo €140,000
- Sligo, Co. Sligo €200,000
- Roscommon, Co. Roscommon €157,000
- Ramelton, Co. Donegal €200,000
- Clones, Co. Monaghan €103,000
- Tralee, Co. Kerry €200,000
The Mayo North Promotions Office are delighted to see more progress on this – Well done to Mayo County Council. This will add to great work done in past couple of years.
Ballina Chamber of Commerce has been working hard with The Heritage Council in recent years on heritage initiatives & Town Centre Health checks too.