Broadhaven Irish Tours specialises in bespoke guided tours throughout the West of Ireland and beyond and can cater for your every need from customised tours, group tours, taxi services, special occasions and a lot more.
Aiden Sweeney can arrange it all, so you won’t have to worry about a thing. Enjoy an ‘off the beaten track’ tour with a luxury chauffeur service in this comfortable luxury vehicle, a once-in-a-lifetime behind the scenes journey along the Wild Atlantic Way and meet the people and the places that make this part of the world such a special place. Travel the experience!
In addition to their Custom Tours, they also offer the following packages:
- BIKE TO HIKE – for the adventure seeker
- FIND TO DINE – for those that like a more of a relaxed time
- WHERE ARE WE – lose yourself in a journey of scenic views and history
Each tour offers a unique experience in an amazing part of the world. With this in mind, here is just one of the set tours offered by Broadhaven Irish Tours:
Bike to Hike
Designed with the adventure seeker in mind – this tour involves a bike ride around some of the most scenic views that north Erris has to offer.
The journey starts at Rossport and ends at Portacloy, which is a 10km cycle, where at this point the last leg of the journey is on foot. The hike begins at Portacloy where upon this journey you will see ‘Teachín a’ Watch’ – a Look Out Post (identical to the one found at Downpatrick Head). This was subsequently sub used by the Coast Guard to monitor warships off the coast, & ‘ÉIRE 63’ which were developed at the outbreak of the Second World War will be on your path which is a stone aerial mark which is visible from the air.
You will journey across to Benwee Head which offers some of the most incredible views the Wild Atlantic Way has to offer. These cliffs date back 600 million years and it gets its name from the yellow colour of the quartzite – ‘The Yellow Peak’ or in Irish ‘Binn Bhuí’. The Stags of Broadhaven are located 3km off Erris Head and are approximately 1.6 million years old.
Here you will see the Children of Lir monument known as An Priosún. Legend has it that the children were condemned to be swans for 900 years, 300 of these years were spent on the North Mayo Island at Inishglora.
Custom Tours – Suggested Chauffeur Trips
- Rosserk Friary: One of the finest Franciscan Friaries in Ireland. Founded circa 1440 by the Joyce family.
- Killala Round Tower: A monastery was founded by St. Patrick who appointed Muiredach as the first bishop. Today the Round Tower is Killala’s most iconic landmark.
- Lacken Strand & Kilcummin: The ‘back strand’ at Kilcummin adjoins Lacken Strand and is perfect for a family day out. It was at Kilcummin in 1798 that General Humbert and a French army came ashore before marching to Ballina to battle with the British.
- Downpatrick Head and Céide Fields: Downpatrick Head is one of two Signature Points on the Wild Atlantic Way in Mayo. The Céide Fields is a vast prehistoric landscape.
- The Erris Peninsula: Erris Head is at the top of the Mullet Peninsula. Here, a 5km easy walk takes you up to the head on foot. It is a breathtaking loop. From the cliff tops you can experience the power of wild nature where land and sea meet.
Book your custom tour today:
Contact: Aiden Sweeney, Broadhaven Irish Tours
Phone: +353 (0) 86 350 7336
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: Broadhaven Irish Tours