Foxford Riverfest 2023 is happening on Friday 18th & Saturday 19th August. As well as the much loved Candles to the Sea on the Friday evening, they will have a children’s safe play and learning area in the grounds of the Church of Ireland (thanks to Rev. Canon Andrea Wills) with craft, food and fishing related stalls in Market Square on Saturday. As last year there will also be tea and cakes in the “Victorian Tea Room”
FRIDAY, 18th August
- Candles to the Sea is a highlight once again this year. This moving opening ceremony with naturally made candles on the River Moy, a poignant memorial to absent friends and family.
- Music by the Foxford Brass and Reed Band and Traditional musicians including Tommy Doherty and Maria Mc Hugh.
SATURDAY, 19th August
- The newly built Riverfest Craft Stalls will showcase the best of local artisan produce, food and traditional crafts from around the county, with Children’s Face Painting and Lego, numerous Arts and Crafts and Circus Skills in the Children’s area,in the Church of Ireland grounds.
- Fly Fishing Instruction for beginners is available to all budding fishermen too,with a series of workshops and demonstrations taking place by GAIA and IFI in the Moy Hotel and down by the river, more details on social media in the coming days.
- The Foxford Community Art project started in September 2022,bringing the Growing Tree playschool, Foxford National School , St Joseph’s Secondary school, Blackrock Nursing Home altogether to create amazing Bottletop Art installations, that will be on display around the town of Foxford! The Project will be launched at Riverfest at 2pm on Saturday 19th August in the Moy Hotel. This is a community project art installation not to be missed!!!
- Music and festivities go on all day on the street and well into the evening on the street with local musicians and bands, including Stewy and the Vegans, Doppler, Muddy Hawks and Masterplan.
Can you help? The Foxford Riverfest 2023 organisers are a small group of people dedicated to making the festival happen, but they need more help! Everything from planning and organising, contacting exhibitors, designing the street layout to on-the-day help carting, carrying, assembling, marshalling and finally packing up.
If you can help in any way or for latest event updates visit their Facebook Page.