The Wild Atlantic 10 Miler is 10 mile road race along sections of the Wild Atlantic Way & the Monasteries of the Moy Greenway.
The 4th annual Wild Atlantic 10 mile road race takes place this year on Sunday 21st August. The race will begin in the Belleek area of Ballina town and will take participants on a fantastic route through the picturesque Belleek Woods that runs parallel to the iconic River Moy and along part of the Monasteries of the Moy Greenway.
The route is ideal for runners new to the 10 mile distance and the timing of our race fits perfectly with those training for the Dublin City Marathon or other autumn marathons.
Ballina Athletic Club has successfully hosted a range of races over the years from 10k to half marathons to marathons so we can guarantee participants a well-run event. Refreshments will be served after the event … including our legendary cheesecakes!
Event details & schedule
- AAI approved and jones counter measured.
- Race is chipped and timed.
- Race commences at 11:00am on Sunday 21st August.
- Starting point – Belleek Castle Road.
- Finishing point – Ballina Athletic Club track.
- Race number, chip & t-shirt collection: Saturday 20th from 5:00 – 6:30pm & Sunday from 9:00 – 10:30am
- Limited number of late registrations may be available on the morning.
- Water stations on the route.
- Hot showers available after the event.
- Race briefing will be emailed to participants before the event.
- Every finisher will receive a bespoke medal on the day.
- First 200 registered participants will receive a quality technical t-shirt.
- Cash prizes & trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd male and female.
- Cash prize for breaking the course record.
- Age group winners – Male & female 040, 050 & 060.
- Trophies for first Ballina AC male & female.