Ballina is a dark-horse in the race for popular stag party destinations in Ireland! With regular trains and buses from Dublin, as well as only being a 40-minute drive from Knock Airport, there is no excuse not to come visit the capital of North Mayo, where a warm welcome will be guaranteed, as well as a hen/stag party to remember! We have put together an array of activities for you to pick from . . .
- A tour of the Jackie Clarke Museum and into The Loft for lunch and a beverage
- SUP on the River Moy, Stand Up Paddling and Sailing in Enniscrone, the Moy Estuary and Killala Bay area. It offers great range of paddle boards for all abilities, with sailing dinghies available for suitably experienced sailors.
- A scenic walk guided or self guided in Belleek Woods followed by food in Jack Fenn. Then into the Magnificent armoury for a tour of Marshall Doran collection.
- Pitch and Putt: After drying off after a morning off fishing and wildlife watching, Pitch and Putt in Enniscrone is next on the schedule. This is ideally suited to amateurs who simply want a fun run around a smaller version of a golf course and no experience is necessary. All equipment is provided and it is regarded as one of the top things to do in the region.
- Boat Trip down the River Moy with Judd Ruane who has decades of experience in angling tourism in the Moy Valley of North West Ireland. He is based at the Quay in Ballina, County Mayo. Judd’s speciality is sea trout fishing. Even since he was a boy fishing with his dad, Judd’s passion has been sea trout and much experience has been gained over the years. In 1973, he turned his hobby into a business.
- A guided day trip with Sláinte Ireland Tours of the Céide Coast taking in Killala Round tower, Down Patrick Head, the Céide Fields, Belderrrig Centre and all in between.
- Falconry and spa at The Mount Falcon, stay in a lodge and private cocktail experience.
- A cycle and site seeing experience with Killala Bike Hire, situated along the Wild Atlantic Way, Killala Bike Hire is located at some of the most magnificent sites North Mayo has to offer. With a number of routes to explore, Killala Bike Hire can suggest what route would suit your group best depending on the time you have and your level of experience, as well as highlighting areas of interest to stop at along the way.
- Archery lesson and tour of Belleek Armoury followed by a beer in the Spanish Armada Bar at Belleek Castle.
- Lunch in the Loft, a shopping spree in Penney’s back to the hotel for dinner and a glass of wine.
- Hill walking in Mayo North with Walk West Ireland: To quote The Sawdoctors, Mayo is full of ‘’tall, majestic hills.’’ Walk West Ireland will ensure that you will not be left disappointed by this line.
- Get a real taste of the wild Atlantic with Donal Kennedy Angling Charter on one of his sea angling trips. A full day of fishing or a shorter trip can easily be accommodated to ensure you have a memorable and enjoyable experience.
- The quay experience – SUP, Ice house stay with dinner b&b and cocktail/beer tasting and spa treatment
- Falconry and spa at mount falcon with stay in a lodge and private cocktail experience
- Explore North Mayo with Sláinte Ireland Tours. If you want a guided tour of Mayo North, exploring all the incredible history of the area, Jim Henry of Sláinte Ireland Tours is your man. Jim provides a great, personal service as a professional, Failte Ireland-approved tour guide. Along with their partner McGrath Coaches, Sláinte Ireland Tours boast between them over 90 years’ experience in organised guided coach tours.
- Guided walk of the town of Ballina and Belleek woods then into Connacht whiskey for a tour and tasting
- Discover the Céide Coast on your own guided bus tour take in Killala, lacken, Ballycastle and belderrig.
- Experience, Discover, and Taste with Rachel Nolan of Rachel’s Irish Adventures will take you on an adventure of Ireland’s beautiful Wild Atlantic Way, bringing you on a fun-packed journey of discovery through the hills and valleys and hidden gems of the West of Ireland. Rachel has an incredible local knowledge that is sure to meet anyone’s needs and make’s for the perfect stag weekend. As well as this, Rachel organises cookery classes, and a Whiskey Appreciation Session.
These are just some suggestions for what North Mayo has to offer for further details on the above activities Click here
Where to Stay
|The Great National Hotel||096 23600||Ballina||Hotel Ballina|
|The Ballina Manor||096 80900||Ballina||The Ballina Manor|
|Twin Tress & Leisure Centre||096 21033||Ballina||The Twin Tress|
|Ice House Hotel||096 23500||Ballina||The Ice House Hotel|
|Belleek Castle Hotel||096 22400||Ballina||Belleek Castle|
|Downhill Inn||096 73444||Ballina||The Downhill Inn|
For further accommodation click here
For B&B’s and Air B&B Click here
Chill & Relax
The Beauty Spot at the Great National
Chill Spa at the Ice house
The Mount Falcon Spa in the Mount Falcon Estate
Kilcullen Seaweed Baths, Enniscrone
For further details on the above and to make a booking Click here