A fabulous family event or for the avid Lego enthusiast taking place in the Great National Hotel, Ballina on 1st and 2nd of December. This event is a fundraiser for the Lacken-Humbert Development Association and promises to spark your imagination. This Lacken-Humbert Development group was set up three years ago and is made up of members of the local community in the Lacken/ Kilcummin area, located just outside Killala in Co. Mayo. The main focus of this group is to improve local infrastructure and public amenities as this scenic area including many important tourist and public areas. Lacken Strand, the beach at Kilcummin and the nearby harbour of Kilcummin pier are becoming popular tourist spots on the Wild Atlantic Way.
For Tickets Click Here
10 Fun Lego Facts
- LEGO’s founder, Ole Kirk Christiansen, created the name “LEGO” from taking the first two letters of the Danish words LEG GODT, meaning “play well“.
- If you put the 340 million Minifigures produced last year next to each other in a line, it would stretch a whopping 7,900 km – that’s almost the distance from London to Beijing, China!
- The famous LEGO brick that we play with today is more than 50 years old.
- The bricks made way back in 1958 will still fit perfectly with those you play with today!
- The moulds used to produce LEGO bricks are accurate to within two-thousandth of a millimetre (0.002 mm!). Because of this high degree of accuracy, there are only around 18 bricks in every million produced that fail to meet the company’s high quality standard.
- The world’s tallest LEGO tower is 28.7m high, made from with 465,000 bricks!
- LEGO Minifigures are the world’s largest population, with over 4 billion of them around the world!
- During the Christmas season almost 28 LEGO sets are sold each second. Yikes!
- At LEGO attractions, such as LEGOLAND Discovery Centre Manchester, people are hired as “Master Model Builders“. Cool job!
- On average there are 80 LEGO bricks for every person on earth.
For further Details
€10 per person
€20 per family ( up to members)
10% discount online Click Here