It’s hard not to feel worried, frustrated and despondent at the minute, but better times lie ahead, for ourselves, our communities and our businesses.
We in Mayo have every reason to be optimistic. When travel resumes, all the latest research suggests we are perfectly placed to deliver what visitors are seeking.
Safety. Reassurance. Escapism. A warm welcome. Great outdoor experiences. A sustainable and responsible approach to tourism that puts our communities first.
But we’ll need to work together. It’s time to start talking again. Getting to know each other. Figuring out how we can support each other.
For then next 10 weeks, we’ll be hosting a Tuesday Tourism Chat on on Zoom at 7pm.
Don’t be shy! Put the kettle on, and join us. It’ll be informal and supportive. Drop in once, or every week – it’s up to you.
We’ll cover things like:
- Supports available for tourism businesses
- The role of the Fáilte Ireland Mayo Tourism Recovery Taskforce
- New research trends emerging (it’s good news for us in Mayo!) and what our visitors will be looking for when it’s safe to travel again
- How we want to plan and progress as a region this year, and for the next few years
- What you’d like to see us doing
- Five minutes of Good News – to cheer us all up!
Remember that you, the people of the tourism, hospitality and retail industries are among the most adaptable, the most resilient and the most optimistic we have. A decade ago, businesses like yours led the recovery and kept rural Ireland afloat.
And together we’ll recover again, supporting each other.
Looking forward to seeing you on Tuesdays!
Register for FREE here.